Friday, October 17, 2008

Jack's Room

We have lived in our house for over a year now and I am proud to say that Jack's room is finally finished. In the past month I set out to hang the picture frames on the wall, get his bookshelves off of the floor, make his crib into a "big boy bed", get it cleaned and rid of small baby toys and clutter.
I am so happy to be finished I wanted to share his room with you. Welcome to the tour!Seen here is Jack's bed, his toy bucket, toys, and moon lamp. His main light in the room is shaped like a sun so before bed time we use the sun light and when it is time for bed, we turn off the sun and turn on the moon.
I have had the top four pictures hanging in his room since he was 3 months old and recently added the bottom three frames. The one on the left doesn't actually have any pictures of Jack in it, yet. The middle one has a picture of Jack from 1 to 12 months old. The frame on the right has some of my favorite pictures of him.
Some of you will have noticed that the frames aren't hanging straight. I have tried to make them all line up but Jack can reach the bottom three so they will never be aligned, and the top 4 just don't want to play by the rules. Frustrating as it is, I have come to live with the crooked collection.

Seen here is Jack's closet.

These are the other two pictures I hung up in my decorating spree. Their location in the room can be seen in the far right of the previous picture. The top frame has a picture of Jack and Corey with the quote, "Small boys become big men through the influence of big men on small boys."
The other picture is a screen print Jesii made at school for Jack. It is titled "POW!" because the mane of Leo (which is one of Jack's first stuffed animals) printed with extra 'fluff' around it so Leo looks like he is exploding (in a good way).
These are Jack's anemone. He thinks he is so smart when he hides behind them. He also likes to throw the ball into this corner because he has to get past the 'anemone' to get it. Each 'anemone' is home to many of Jack's animals.
The bookshelves hanging under the window were the final step towards completing Jack's room. He was so helpful hanging while I was hanging them. He held the hammer, tape measure, drill, and screws for me. He just loves tools.
This is Jack's bed, newly reconfigured to help him transition to an actual toddler bed. What was the crib gate now is used as the guardrail to keep him from falling out while he sleeps. The tent acts as a good hiding place for him when we play monsters. He L-O-V-E-S the entire set up.


Oh look! Jack made an apperance. As soon as the camera pointed his direction he was off again. He never seems to sit still! :D

No comments: