Saturday, August 2, 2008

Walker Family Reunion 2: Day 3 & 4

On Saturday morning, Sarah, Blair and I got up early to get to the hot air balloons before 7 am. We made it just in time to beat the line. The balloons were tethered to the ground (and about 4 cars) to keep them from going too far. Each one went up about 50 feet then came back down.



After the balloon ride, Sarah and I felt the need to go extreme trampolining. As you jump, the bands pull you higher....
and higher...
and higher...
and higher...


and higher...
and higher...
and higher...
There is a time at the top when you are soaring higher than the bands and you free fall until the bands catch. It pretty much scared me. I am not a big fan of falling :)
We also got our faces painted.

While Blair was talking mowers with some of the other distributers at the WFR, Sarah and I went and got crafty in the kids section. I managed to make a lanyard (seen here in the drying process) and decorate a cookie. We also made paper airplanes but they didn't survive.


If I had a lot of free time and the knowledge of how to construct this, I would make a mini one for Jack.
When everyone else came to the grounds, Jack played for awhile on the toys like he did on Friday. We managed to be in the tent at the right time to hear Bob Walker, the president of Walker Manufacturing, read the kids a story.
He was more into the grass than he was into Thomas the Train. Aunt Jesii told me this is what he is going to be like in school.

Chase made it to the finals of the Walker Obstacle Course. We went and cheered him on during is final qualifications. He ended up placing 7th overall which is just fantastic considering that he doesn't ride a mower everyday. The guy who got 1st place is a commercial cutter who takes his mower out every workday. He has also won each competition for the last 4 years. I gave Jack my lanyard so that he wouldn't lose his pacifier. He liked to chew on the foam pieces.
When it was time to announce the winners of vendor contests and 4 Walkers, Michelle bought Jack a Walker hat to keep him cool. I gave him a bag of chips and he promptly emptied them onto the ground.

He also found a new girlfriend.
But had much more fun playing with Renee's iPhone. He loves anything that lights up with buttons.




I won a Kohler jacket. But seeing as it is size XL and I am size XS.... MERRY CHRISTMAS DAD!!! haha :)


The first musical act of the night was a band consisting of a bajo and accordian. I don't think anyone was thrilled about that.
Even Jack decided it was better to sleep throught the opening act.




It was better once Pam Tillis got started. She was great!
So I stood in line and met her. Jack was distracted (as usual).
Then we decided to change his clothes because it was going to get dark and that means bed time. I let him run around like this for a few minutes.


We played with anything we could find, even jumbo paperclips.
The Reunion ended with 100,000 firecrackers, a slide show of pictures taken at the reunion, a quick speech from Bob, and most importantly FIREWORKS!!!!




The drive home was much smoother than the drive to Fort Collins. Michelle taught Jack a new trick. He thinks it is just hilarious to pick his nose.
But he can find his ears, eyes, and nose.



PIGGY PIGGY :)

1 comment:

Jesii Dobrusky said...

I love the piggy picture :) so cute. i will miss you both soooooooo much.