Friday morning we arrived at the Walker Family Reunion at 9 am for the opening ceremonies.
After Bob Walker's speech, we proceded to go on the factory tour.
Safety goggles are required. I gave Jack a pair but they didn't make it past thiry feet. I am still not sure where they landed. The tour was really interesting. Walker Manufacturing starts from scratch with every mower. They turn sheets of metal into mowers everyday. This is one of the more exciting pictures from the production tour.
We let him out of the stroller to walk around with us.
After I put his "stay close backpack" (aka leash), he found the mowers. There were rows and rows of them, he was so excited.
We even managed to snap a quick picture with the 100,000th Walker Mower.
Jack LOVES to sit on the mowers. We found this one was out of the way of teh tour traffic so I let him sit on it for a few minutes.
He got pretty comfortable.
And cried when it was time to move along. His screaming echoed through the large warehouse.
At the end of the tour was a course set up for Walker Skates. The owners of Walker created these zippy "skates." Mike and Chase spent quite a bit of time here.
Jack watched.
Then he fell asleep. It was REALLY hot outside, the poor guy had a hard time keeping cool during his nap. Dark blue was a bad choice for our matching shirts. We all voted next time we get white or tan.

I kept hydrated.
After Jack woke up we went and explored the vendor tents. We found a kids' area set up at the back of the circus tent. Jack and I spent a lot of time there. He found markers and crayons to color with, Little Tikes houses to play in, DVDs and books, and in the mornings there were face painters, a characature artists, and balloon expert.


He loved going down the slide. I helped him climb back up the slide since the ladder was too hard for him to handle.

No comments:
Post a Comment