Snow, Snow
GO AWAY!
Don't come back
Unless I say!
As most of you know, I am not a fan of the snow. Something about being cold and damp on purpose doesn't appeal to me. So I thought it was pretty monumental that Jack and I actually went out into the snow, by choice, over Christmas break.
It all started with our roof (ugh!). To make a long story short, our roof is what an urban dictionary would define as an 'epic fail'**. So we called a restoration company and they came to make the roof safe enough for snow to fall on it through the winter because it's not smart to start re-building the top of our house in November where we live - as you will soon understand. So their amazing solution was to screw 2x4s all over the place and cover the entire thing with a blue tarp - classy, I know.
So now the water/snow flows nicely off of our roof instead of soaking through the recalled shingles into the attic/walls of the house (or so we thought, but that's another story). This however caused a sheet of snow/ice to slowly curve off of the back side of the house and dangerously stare into my mom's room's window. It looked much like I imagine a set of dinosaur ribs (think Flinstone's) would look like if made of ice.
It was getting a little close to the house so Michelle and my mom decided it had to come down. If you click on the picture it will load bigger and you will be able to clearly see the icicles are horizontal. They used the snow shovel and just tapped the edge and the entire mass came crashing down to the ground. No one was injured in the process.
Jack wanted to help so I put his boots and coat on, and got bundled up myself to dig out my car.
This is what happens to cars in Rexburg when you don't drive them for 5 days. My poor baby :(.
Jackson was SO helpful. We gave him the old mop to work with, that way if he hit the doors of the car he wouldn't scratch the paint.
He saw me shovel snow into this large pile and felt like helping too! We will work on his snow removal techniques next year.
Then he got tired. And his rear end got soaked from sitting on the snow. So we went inside.
** I looked up 'epic fail' on urbandictionary.com and found that there were too many inappropriate words to just leave everyone guessing and Googling. So here is the definition I found most fitting:
EPIC FAIL:
Epic- Anything great, spectacular, or large/monumental in nature
+
Fail- An inability to complete an objective, task or job either assigned or volunteered for.
=
Epic Fail -A mistake of such monumental proportions that it requires its own term in order to sucessfully point out the unfathomable shortcomings of an individual or group.
Example:
1. Jack: Uh, dude? I may or may not have wrecked 14 ferrari's with my moped after derailing a whole train carrying nothing but kittens and puppies...
Jim: Epic Fail, Man. EPIC Fail.
2. The guys who decided that one 4 ft load bearing wall was enough to hold the house up. (Gpa Dobrusky, you're not allowed to come to my house until they fix everything - you'd go crazy here)
No comments:
Post a Comment