Saturday, February 7, 2009

Jack's Tattoos

I have noticed lately that Jack has become increasingly in-the-way (that's the nice way of saying annoying :D) while I try to get ready in the mornings. I discovered that coloring was a great way to keep him occupied. I set a pad of paper on the top step of a stool and he sits on the bottom step and goes to town. I let him use markers and after our last marker fiasco he was only allowed to have 2 at a time. It was working out great!

Unfortunately, an almost 2 year old has this amazing ability to find a way to make trouble out of seemingly innocent activities. 

Jack was naked, as he usually is in the morning since I am not really up to wrestling him into his clothes until it's time to go, and he came to switch his purple and pink markers for two other ones and I noticed that his paper was blank. So I took a closer look at my adorable boy and saw that he had found a different canvas for his masterpiece - himself!

The purple is most noticeable, it was all over his hands, arm and tummy. There were a few pink marks on his other side, but the marker blended well with his skin. 



1 comment:

Tamari said...

Darn those markers! I didn't have any for a long time because of instances like this one. Then I thought, "Oh, they are old enough to handle marker responsibilities now"...uh, Ivy colored the front of her whole window seat when I thought she was asleep! Little stinker!