
Jack and I spent the morning hanging out in the house.
I didn't get breakfast in bed, but he did bring me a box of crackers :D
Later in the afternoon, we went with Nick's family down to the river in Idaho Falls.
We had a picnic (thanks to Tami, Nick's mom, for bringing lunch) then walked down the
green belt to feed the ducks - which were really geese.
I have never taken Jack out to the river like this and I was glad to see he enjoyed it.
Even if he does get distracted by bikes :D
He wanted to jump right in there with the geese.
If I hadn't held his hand, I'm sure he would've.
We heard there were 'baby ducks' (goslings) farther up the path so we went to see them.
Jackson squatted down to watch them (left) before getting closer to the water to lure
them in (right). He is so funny with animals. He is fearless and just wants to play with them.
Jack and McKadee (Nick's 3-year-old sister) both had a great time seeing the 'ducks'
Back at the picnic site, Jack just wanted to ride the bike. He was determined.
He got a bike for his birthday from Dad but it stayed in Boise when we went home.
I am either going to have to take it back with us next time we go or go get him another
one. Whenever he sees someone on a bike, or we pass the bikes in WalMart he points
and says, "Mine?" It's one of those bittersweet moments.
After our adventure, Jack and I went home and played in my car for half an hour
while we waited for Grandma and Uncle Mike to come back from Idaho Falls
since we were locked out. We made tacos for dinner and watched
Seven Pounds before going to sleep.
I had such a great day!









1 comment:
I am so happy you had a great Mother's Day! :) These pictures are amazing as usual. He is so fun. I love that he wants a bike so much. :)
Post a Comment